Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tea

Tea
1. the dried and prepared leaves of a shrub, Camellia sinensis, from which a somewhat bitter, aromatic beverage is prepared by infusion in hot water.
2. the shrub itself, extensively cultivated in China, Japan, India, etc., and having fragrant white flowers.
3. the beverage so prepared, served hot or iced.
4. any kind of leaves, flowers, etc., so used, or any plant yielding them.
5. any of various infusions prepared from the leaves, flowers, etc., of other plants, and used as beverages or medicines.
6.British. any meal, whether a light snack or one consisting of several courses, eaten in the late afternoon or in the evening; any meal other than dinner, eaten after the middle of the afternoon.
7. an afternoon reception at which tea is served.

Having been influenced by the English way of life while living in England, PG tips would be my preferred choice of teas. But here in Canada, it isn't easily available. At least I haven't found it nor am I convinced that it wold be the same as that found in England. We do have Tetley however and that's about as close as I can get.

For today's word from Her space, My space, I thought I'd show tea from my cultural background. Green tea in traditional Chinese cups.

13 comments:

ally said...

another beautiful photo :)

pokettiger said...

Wonderful layout. I used green tea in my photo today too, though mine was served in Moroccan glasses.

Lima said...

Love your shot, its so interesting seeing how life goes on in other parts of the world. :-)

Terry said...

Love your presentation. Another Canadian great.

Aubrey Harns said...

Terrific shot!
Aubrey

Bobs said...

Gorgeous colours in this shot!

Sarah Youde said...

Oh this is absolutely fab, it reminds me of living in Hong Kong and drinking green tea at the restaurants.

Vanda said...

Beautiful photo xXx

Maaike said...

lovely picture

Moreen said...

Wow that is such a beautiful photo.

Livingsword said...

Looks great! I love green tea.

Jolanda said...

Great picture. I love the flowers in the background!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

hey - i can send you PG tip - no problems xxx
love your idea of straight by the way ... infact love lots of your photos